Sunday, January 28, 2007

I AM GOING TO BE FAMOUS

according to my understanding, being famous is akin to being publicly acclaimed... it usually comes with doing something that impacts the broader population (including sub-population)....you could provide exceptional entertainment (movie star or music performer), provide a service that improves or saves lives, contribute to a scientific breakthrough or something of the likes....

however, all this seems too hard to accomplish... it is much easier to turn on a video camera and make a fool of myself (think youtube.com).... or sit in front of some else's camera and have them make a fool of me (william hung and american idol)... i could sell my quest to lose my virginity to a television station and i'll be famous if they buy it.... or i could just do nothing like paris hilton....

but this is not the fame i envision... i happen to think, given all the intrusions into our life, and the ease with which one can be famous, anonymity will be the new wave of fame... anonymity will become something so rare that those who enjoy it will be prized and become trend setters....

i am making preparations to be on the front of this wave...now this sounds contradictory given that i write a public blog, but i know how to pull it off.... i won't tell you how i will do this because this would draw the attention i do not crave, and would damage my efforts to be famous through anonymity...

but believe when i say...that i know how to pull this off and that i will be successful...

2 comments:

Kara - Jamaican Woman said...

i don't disbelieve you...lol

SimplEnigma said...

Hmm, I recently had a taste of fame when my blog was forwarded via listserv to an extensive Caribbean population in Toronto & England.

I was able to reconnect with one of my high school friends in England who read my blog and instantly knew it was me, but overall, I didn't like the feeling of being put out there like that.

I think I'd rather be infamous, er, unfamous, er, unknown...yeah, that's it.