Monday, February 07, 2011

PREPARING TO WAR


Doubt can be defined as the state/space that exists between certainty and uncertainty; the point at which there is enough evidence or strong belief to question the truth/fact/situation, but not enough evidence or belief to totally disbelief.

It's in Theology (agnosticism), law (burden of proof) and in science where many scientific advances and current knowledge can be attributed to doubts of older theories and hypotheses.

However, one thing is certain (interesting choice of word): in war, doubt can be the biggest enemy. It may lead to fear and ultimately to self conviction. Once it sets in and becomes convicting, it is then easy to lose hope as faith and trust goes out the door, rendering you vulnerable. So powerful is doubt in a war, that if the enemy seizes it, they can win against you, without using any other strategy/weapon. If I can convince you to doubt your might, then I may be able to convince you that I will destroy you in a war; you might think twice about provoking me.

Since I cannot literally touch or see "doubt", how can I war against it? My suit/weapons of choice:

1. Truth
2. Righteousness
3. Peace
4. Faith
5. Salvation
6. Sword of the spirit
7. Prayer
8. Vigilance

I carry many weapons, none of which is a burden.

Eph 6:10-17

No comments: